I've just installed a new chandelier in my dining room. After wiring it up (positive, neutral, and ground) and turning the power back on at the breaker box, the breaker immediately tripped (multiple times). I am extra confused by this, as the interior light switch for the chandelier is in the OFF position - it blew the breaker before I even turned the chandelier on.
I un-wired the ground wire from the chandelier, leaving only the positive and neutral, and flipped the breaker - works fine, no tripping. But now it's not grounded and I'm concerned something is wrong with the interior wiring of the chandelier.
Any help / advice is greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!!