Home>Discussions>INTERIORS>Molding & Carpentry>Need Help with Wallpaper Lines and Cracks
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Need Help with Wallpaper Lines and Cracks

I recently purchased a 1950's style Mail Order home. When looking at the home I noticed that there was wallpaper lines under the paint. I thought while a pain, I could get this done. Once purchased I found out that the walls are plywood. No sheet rock. The wallpaper that was painted over looks to be the original pre order paper taht was originally on the walls. With out sheetorcking, how can I smooth these walls out to be painted? Do I just mud every wall? Is there a flat paneling I can buy that can be painted? Thanks for teh help!

Re: Need Help with Wallpaper Lines and Cracks

There is a thin sheet rock you can use. You can also find a product which will bond the painted surface to a layer of plaster or mud. I know there's another term for it but I'm too distracted to think of it.

I intend to use the same stuff to take the texture off my walls when I finally get to redo this living room.

Re: Need Help with Wallpaper Lines and Cracks

you could use a product called fibrewall.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.