3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Need help with wall texture

Most of the interior of my house was done using the following wall texture (see picture). I've been told that this is joint compound, but unable to reproduce the same effect. Does anyone have any ideas how to do this, or better yet, actually done this?


Re: Need help with wall texture

it is done with a hawk and trowel and is called a skip trowel texture. you would have to practice on a scrap piece to get the thickness of the mud and to match the texture pattern.

Re: Need help with wall texture

Thanks havanagranite, I appreciate the info... do you have any recommendations for the type of joint compound (or maybe something different) to use? I managed to come close to the desired texture by adding more water to the blend and using the tools that you mentioned, but it still doesn't look right (maybe just a lack of experience on my part).

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.