Home>Discussions>EXTERIORS>Name of external component
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Frank O
Name of external component

There's a name for this decorative brace between the exterior wall and roof ...

I just can't remember what it is.

Re: Name of external component

Around here in the southeast US, we call the diagonal ones like yours "brackets" but they are also more correctly called "corbels". Commonly used names for architectural details can differ quite a bit from area to area!


Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.