5 posts / 0 new
Last post
mystery product

Recently I helped a friend out finishing his kitchen, with the cracks in the plaster and lathe, he gave me some grey fiber glass sheets that was compressed to less than a 16th. Not a mesh. It worked great, I have looked for it and haven't found it, don't know what it is called or where I can get it. My friend got it from a contractor friend, but isn't in touch with him anymore as it was a long while ago. Anyone know what product I am talking about and where I can get it please. Thanks

Re: mystery product

I'm not sure, but I think a product used in the auto body repair business may be what you used . I believe it is used to repair fiberglass panels . The boating industry may use the similar . What it's called ? IDK.:confused:

Re: mystery product
Re: mystery product

Gizmo has the most reasonable answer.
But it could also have been a Polycarbonate sheet or a Carbon Fiber repair material which can be used on masonary walls.
But for true plaster walls or ceilings I would not recommend any of the above be used.

Re: mystery product

IIRC they make a skirting sheet that is applied over drywall in high-wear areas like hospital corridors. It's like a formica without the decorative finish layer. I'd google for phenolic impregnated sheeting.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.