Home>Discussions>EXTERIORS>My gutters are pathetic
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
My gutters are pathetic

So I need help with my gutters and my first problem is I'm having a hard time discussing them because I don't know what they're called. I have a low slope torch down roof that doesn't have attached gutters, but rather the drainage is built in to the edge of the roof. I can't seem to figure out what this type of gutter is called. It's basically just a shallow valley that runs the length of the roof edge and has a downspout at both ends that goes through the eave to a downspout. Does anyone know what these are called?


Re: My gutters are pathetic

That erm may be localized, Call any local roofer for the lingo.

Re: My gutters are pathetic

A photo will help. You can upload a photo on a host like photobucket and then give us the link.

Could be a channel gutter.

Re: My gutters are pathetic

Sounds like you have Box Gutters if they are "hidden" and you cannot see them. Those are known as Wooden Box Gutters. They come from a long while back. They do require a lot of maintenance, and always ensure they are never clogged. But they will last forever if they are maintained properly

Handy Andy

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.