3 posts / 0 new
Last post
must be an easier way...

While updating our bath, we found one of our GSCI switch J-box to be sunken too far into the wall to just simply replace. It would not be level with the wall at all. Is there an easier way to go about adjusting it, other than to start ripping off wallboard?
Our house is only 30 yrs old and we are finding shotty craftsmanship (or should I say lack thereof "craft") in the original builder's skills.

Re: must be an easier way...

As long as the box is secure just use an arc ring or extension and longer screws.

Re: must be an easier way...

Ditto, use the extension ring

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.