2 posts / 0 new
Last post
more plaster wall questions...

we recently purchased a home that has plaster walls that have been painted numerous times. the plaster is in good sound shape but unfortunately was originally finished with a horrible raised swirl like pattern. we would like smooth walls. the raised swirls jut out in some areas probably as much as a quarter inch. what is our best (cost wise and time wise) plan of action. skimming over the swirls, sheetrocking over the plaster, or pulling out the lathe and plaster and hanging sheetrock? any advice would be appreciated...

Re: more plaster wall questions...

I would reskim it with plaster or sandable joint compound.For plaster you need to bond the wall with bonding agent first.Hope this helps any other questions just ask.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.