As I posted in the HVAC thread, I was having an issue with moisture in one of my walls. Turns out the hot-water pipe to my shower had sprung a leak. Since this was discovered a couple of days ago, we opened the wall, had the pipe removed, and have been letting it air-dry, with the help of a fan blowing on the damp area.
Although the wood appears to have dried, I did notice spots of mold on some areas of the wood (not the drywall, at least, not what I can see). I sprayed bleach mold/mildew killer where I saw mold, and then turned the fan back on it.
From what I can see, the mold is gone, and the wood is dry. However, we still have a pretty strong musty smell coming from the wall. Would it make sense for me to point over some of the wood with KillZ or something of the like before I put drywall back over it? Are there any ways for me to make sure all the mold is gone? Any tips are welcome. Not only is it smelly, but I worry about having mold spread in the house - as my wife and I will be welcoming in our first child this upcoming Wednesday. I'd love to get this resolved, and the wall patched, ASAP.