3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Metal drain pipe

I have a 2" in drain pipe that is threaded to the riser going down into the basement. I want to remove the section that is threaded and replace with pvc. I cannot budge the piece even with a 24"pipe wrench. Since i cannot remove the section is there a way to bond pvc to the metal piece without threads? then install my bowl sink and trap assembly. Thanks :confused:

Re: Metal drain pipe
Re: Metal drain pipe

Cut the metal pipe with a recip saw and install one of those no hub couplings and you're good to go.

They are sold at HD and Lowes as well.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.