4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Machine to blow insulation

I am trying to insulate existing walls in my house with Cellulose Insulation. The system that is shown in here: http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/video/0,,20047052,00.html looks like a perfect solution for me. However, I am having finding a machine to rent to blow the cellulose insulation using the nozzle shown which fits into smaller holes (1 1/8 inch). My local Lowes rents the blower but only has the 3 inch hose available with no attachments. I am trying to reduce the amount of repair work I have to do.

Does anyone know of companies who rent this machine with the attachment? Ideally near Delaware.


Re: Machine to blow insulation

Check your yellow pages for equipment rental places .... these places are far better for a variety of equipment than the box stores .

Hope this helps. :)

Re: Machine to blow insulation

Already tried that and only found one company who rents the blower but dos not had any "attachments" for it, hence the reason I asked a broader audience. Thanks.

Re: Machine to blow insulation

We use Krendl 1000 machines. (yes that's spelled right) As you mentioned, the ones at Lowes or Home Depot only come with hoses to fluff attics, and they look at you strange if you ask them about smaller hoses to dense pack sidewalls. Their machines also have very crude controls, and often don't even have a blower control. They are also a real pain to load cellulose into with the screen guard they have on them. You end up having to break up the insulation, usually at a slower pace than the machine is feeding. If you can get your hands on a Krendl or similar machine, it will make your life much easier.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.