Last night, we were using the microwave and it overheated (didn't have enough stuff in it). Any way, the thermocouple that protects the microwave popped and after a few minutes, it re-set. Microwave still didn't work. I plugged the microwave into another outlet and it worked fine.
So, I plug my volt meter into the original outlet and am getting readings of about 45 volts (hot to neutral)and 56 volts (hot to ground). To try to figure out problem, I plugged one lead in the problem outlet and the other lead in the good outlet-testing all combinations of hot/neutral/groud. Using the other outlet-all readings are okay-in the 120 v range. The only time I get bad readings are if I just test the original problem outlet. Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on????