4 posts / 0 new
Last post
joe viola
island sink vent

I just saw an episode of Ask this old House and there was an Island sink that was vented with an extended attachment to the drain pipe. Did ayone catch the name of the vent or how I can get more info on it? The plumbing part of the show was from Toronto Canada....

Re: island sink vent

I also don't know much about it & need to know..:confused:

Re: island sink vent

They are called 'auto-vents' or aav's. They are not permitted in all areas. Check with your local plumbing inspector to see ig you can use one.

Re: island sink vent

My guess is you are talking about a loop vent or Chicago Loop Vent
Another choice may be the "AAV" or Air Admittance Valve if they are permitted in your jurisdiction such as the Studor valve http://www.ipscorp.com/studor


Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.