Home>Discussions>PLUMBING>Ideas for access to main water line
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ideas for access to main water line

I recently dug up the 3/4" water line that services my house. I sweated on a ball valve and relocated the hose bibb to the meter side. I am looking to cover the hose bibb with a round irrigation type box and still have access to the ball valve that is roughly 2' below grade. All of the irrigation boxes I have been able to find are only about 10" long. What type of material could I use to keep from back filling the hole. I know there is 12" culvert that would be perfect. But I am unwilling to use that due to cost. Any ideas would be really appreciated. Thanks

Re: Ideas for access to main water line

If you can find a piece of PVC culvert , that would work well . Try asking around at a construction site for a scrap piece .
I've done it several times . :D

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.