3 posts / 0 new
Last post
How do I cut this angle

I am putting up crown molding. I have a straight wall that I am trying to conect to another small wall that comes back to the right but goes up on the angle. How would I cut the crown molding to fit?

Re: How do I cut this angle

There is a company that is CUT N Crown that has a video on it that expains how to cut those angles. It also has a jig to help and a protractor to measoure the angle. Google Cut N Crown. Or go to your home center and buy cornor blocks that are decorative. That is the most painless and less exspensive solution

Re: How do I cut this angle

The easiest and most inexpensive way to do something like this is to scribe one piece to the other.

Hang the normal piece then place a piece of crown up against this other funky angle. A short piece like you were going to scarf cut the other end. Then scribe it and cope that scribe and go back and check it. It may be necessary to cut it more than once but the careful cuts will provide a good joint.

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.