2 posts / 0 new
Last post

I am new at this so bear with me please.
I attached a picture of the flooring in my house (long story short) I tore out a wall and the cabinet attached to it and this is what I found underneath in the middle of my kitchen floor. How can I fix this on my own? Also is it possible to tear up some of the existing boards to give it the staged look. Thanks for your help.

A. Spruce
Re: Help

You should be able to remove every other strip or so and stagger the joints to blend in the patch. You can likely find replacement materials in a closet or other obscure place to do the fill. Plan on refinishing the entire floor to blend in the patched area. As for the area where you retrieve your patch material, either find salvage or new material to replace OR use a different type of flooring in that area. :cool:

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.