2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gravel walkway

A few years ago I saw a demo on a product that you sprinkle over sand and gravel walks, you spray it with water, and it hardens into a solid surface. Does anyone know what this stuff is? I have seen a material called self binding gravel but appears to only be in the UK. Is it available in the US/Missouri?


Re: Gravel walkway

The only thing that I've seen and you might be referring to it is cement ready mix. Not concrete ready mix but, cement. It's cement and sand, no rocks. It will pour out like sand and you could pour it over the rocks, water it, and smooth it out somewhat.

I don't know about the strength of it though. You'll need to get the cement to infiltrate between the rocks, down a few inches before you'll get a solid surface that will bear some weight.

Good Luck.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.