2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Granny Doors (?)

I rent an apartment in an older house. The front door has a "storm door" which is wooden, & has an wooden insert consisting of panes of glass. The landlord left an insert for the door with screening. The landlord does not live locally.
I would like to know how to remove the glass insert & replace it with the screen insert for the summer.

Re: Granny Doors (?)

Most of those type doors I have seen have screwdriver inserts along the side and top that you turn and a cam plate that goes into the side of the insert. You turn one way and the cam plates go into the insert, you turn the screw the other way and the cam plate withdraws into the frame.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.