Home>Discussions>TV>Ask This Old House>Funding for historic building preservation
49 posts / 0 new
Last post
canuk
Re: Funding for historic building preservation

Oh goody ..... I've got the blanket out on the couch ready for snuggling and read a thrilling story by the dim light .....

Re: Funding for historic building preservation

In reponse to Jack's latest remark, the property was purchased from the city in the 1970's by a private individual. At that time, it was petitioned to get the zoning changed to allow a residence. The city is sticking to that zoning change after the drama it created in the 70's, so it is only zoned for a residence at this present day. The city is prepared to help raise money and assist with tax credits for several years, but it still is not enough. Did I mention the property consists of 3 buildings and the main building is 20,000 square feet. If that is your opinion Jack, great....whatever. I see things in a whole different light and see a way to improve a city and a community for years to come. You are using this forum to preach your government beliefs. I am here because of my love for old homes and buildings which is what TOH intended it to be for!

kentvw
Re: Funding for historic building preservation
canuk wrote:

Oh goody ..... I've got the blanket out on the couch ready for snuggling and read a thrilling story by the dim light .....

Sorry, the “Bantam Books” version should be released early “09”. Ghost writer, “rabbitgun”

You will need to pay $14.99 CAN………….. lol.

kentvw
Re: Funding for historic building preservation
zengirl wrote:

I am here because of my love for old homes and buildings which is what TOH intended it to be for!

Yup, and doing it for your own personal gain with tax payer dollars. Liberals love to give and get money earned off someone elses back.

Re: Funding for historic building preservation

There is a lot more to this than you know or need to know. Go preach somewhere else, maybe Mc Cain will listen to you.

kentvw
Re: Funding for historic building preservation
zengirl wrote:

There is a lot more to this than you know or need to know. Go preach somewhere else, maybe Mc Cain will listen to you.

Oh really?

Tell me?

I pay my 95% of all of tax collected in this country for all people in this country. And I'll fight people like you who think it is "just coming to them" 'till I die. People like you never give anything back. You employ no people and put nothing back into the economy........ It is all about YOU! And you alone... A place to look pretty? Give me a break. Your motives are nothing but selfish and self centric.

canuk
Re: Funding for historic building preservation
kentvw wrote:

Sorry, the “Bantam Books” version should be released early “09”. Ghost writer, “rabbitgun”

You will need to pay $14.99 CAN………….. lol.

Nooo !!! ..... say it isn't so. :eek:

btw ... $14.99 CND = $5.00 USD;)

Re: Funding for historic building preservation

For your information, i own a large corporation and do employ people.... A lot of them! So do not tell me you pay more taxes than i. Please leave my topic and go bug somebody else so i can let others respond to my question. Ohio...please....like anything exists there.

JLMCDANIEL
Re: Funding for historic building preservation
zengirl wrote:

In reponse to Jack's latest remark, the property was purchased from the city in the 1970's by a private individual. At that time, it was petitioned to get the zoning changed to allow a residence. The city is sticking to that zoning change after the drama it created in the 70's, so it is only zoned for a residence at this present day. The city is prepared to help raise money and assist with tax credits for several years, but it still is not enough. Did I mention the property consists of 3 buildings and the main building is 20,000 square feet. If that is your opinion Jack, great....whatever. I see things in a whole different light and see a way to improve a city and a community for years to come. You are using this forum to preach your government beliefs. I am here because of my love for old homes and buildings which is what TOH intended it to be for!

See there you go again, I made no inference to my political or government beliefs. Nor did I say anything that should lead you to conclude that I am against historical restoration. I just stated my opinion that public money should not be used to enhance the fortune of an individual. If you couldn't afford it you shouldn't have bought the place. I find no benevolence in your action when you are seeking free money to accomplish your personal gain.
Jack

kentvw
Re: Funding for historic building preservation
canuk wrote:

Nooo !!! ..... say it isn't so. :eek:

btw ... $14.99 CND = $5.00 USD;)

Price change....... $114.99 CND........ lol.

Pages

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.