2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Floating Shelves

I am trying to design some floating shelves for pictures and am somewhat puzzled by how to attach the shelves to the wall. The best idea I have seen is below. Any ideas where I would get a similar cleat? What is this actually called?

Re: Floating Shelves

Rockler.com sells a variety of interlocking cleat hardware. Here's a link: http://www.rockler.com/CategoryView.cfm?Cat_ID=20
I would recommend a continuous cleat system for your shelving; they seem to support heavier loads. As always, fasten each cleat tot he studs in at least two locations.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.