Home>Discussions>BATHROOMS>finding replacement faucets
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fran E
finding replacement faucets

Got an old (30s-40s) American Standard sink with four-prong handles set eight inches apart on the face of The pedestal sink. They have gotten nearly impossible to turn. Also the pop up drain doesn't work any more. All the plumbers want to replace the sink because new faucets are set on the top, not the face, of the sink. Trouble is, sink, toilet and tub are PEACH colored, and we like them. Can anyone tell me where to find replacements?

Re: finding replacement faucets

If the only problem is that they are hard to turn, it's probably just deposit build up on the stem. Remove the stem, clean, coat with Vaseline and reinstall. Being that old you may have to install new packing also. There's not much to the pop drain bust you could replace just that if necessary.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.