3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Faucet Conversion

I'm changing the shower valves from two handles to one. Does anyone know of a web site that will show images of what takes place with the existing pipes for the exchange. I think I can do this myself. Or should I just call a plumber.

Re: Faucet Conversion

After you open up the wall to get to the old valve, find out what kind of piping material is used. Is it copper and will you be able to sweat new fittings on. Or is it PEX and do you have the right tools to do it.

Also, you need to make sure you can secure the valve body to a backing board so it doesn't move back and forth. You might want to open up the wall for the plumber and then pay one to come in and install the new one. Then you re-drywall and then re-tile the area around it.

Re: Faucet Conversion

Here's a couple of pictures I found on the web that shows whats behind the wall on a two handle shower and a one handle shower


Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.