12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ernie_Fergler
Re: Electrical Nightmare

It certainly looks like exceeded your fill requirements, or someone else did before you.
Going by the pic, the box looks like an "old work" PVC box.
And yes they do come in different depths.

BigWalt
Re: Electrical Nightmare
Ernie_Fergler wrote:

It certainly looks like exceeded your fill requirements, or someone else did before you.
Going by the pic, the box looks like an "old work" PVC box.
And yes they do come in different depths.

Originally there were on/off switch on left side of the box. I just put in timer switch today. You should've seen my face when I first remove the faceplate. :eek:

I just hope deeper box will fit into existing hole. One way or another, I'll stop at Lowes tomorrow night and see what they have.

Dan Ackroyd
Re: Electrical Nightmare

You are an ignorant phuck.

Your box was already overfilled with the combo switch now you stuffed it like a sausage just like you stuff your fat face.

You are not allowed to swap an ungrounded snap switch with a dimmer or a timer switch. You have no EGC but you installed it anyway, what a moron.

A deeper box isn't your only problem.

BigWalt
Re: Electrical Nightmare
Dan Ackroyd wrote:

You are an ignorant phuck.

Your box was already overfilled with the combo switch now you stuffed it like a sausage just like you stuff your fat face.

You are not allowed to swap an ungrounded snap switch with a dimmer or a timer switch. You have no EGC but you installed it anyway, what a moron.

A deeper box isn't your only problem.

LMAO...nice try.

Who said I left the ground disconnected?

Dan Ackroyd
Re: Electrical Nightmare
Quote:

Today I decide to install timer in place of regular living room wall switch. I couldn't believe what a mess it is. :mad:

There is no ground wires connected. :confused:
there a box that have the depth of 2/34" or deeper?

there is no ground wires connected.

You did you ignorant CannonBallRun phuck.

BigWalt
Re: Electrical Nightmare
Dan Ackroyd wrote:

there is no ground wires connected.

You did you ignorant CannonBallRun phuck.

Nice reading skills Leslie.

You really think I actually leave ground wire disconnected?:rolleyes:

JLMCDANIEL
Re: Electrical Nightmare

Big Walt, As these types of boxes are very easy to remove and reinstall you might consider widening the hole and get a 3 or 4 gang.
Jack

canuk
Re: Electrical Nightmare
Dan Ackroyd wrote:

You are an ignorant phuck.

Your box was already overfilled with the combo switch now you stuffed it like a sausage just like you stuff your fat face.

You are not allowed to swap an ungrounded snap switch with a dimmer or a timer switch. You have no EGC but you installed it anyway, what a moron.

A deeper box isn't your only problem.

Back off ...

It's time this forum got some active moderators to control things here.

djohns
Re: Electrical Nightmare

A check of ISP addresses would go a long way to eliminating
" trolls " like this .

Ernie_Fergler
Re: Electrical Nightmare
JLMCDANIEL wrote:

Big Walt, As these types of boxes are very easy to remove and reinstall you might consider widening the hole and get a 3 or 4 gang.
Jack

Any you should add the devices to the wire fill total as well.
I have seen, but never had to use, PVC boxes with a side compartment to allow a higher wire total.

Pages

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.