4 posts / 0 new
Last post
eofolden
Dual 302 Hose Nozzle
eofolden

Does anyone know where this nozzle can be bought?

A. Spruce
Re: Dual 302 Hose Nozzle
A. Spruce

If it's not a "Ronco" mail order product, then any well stocked garden center will likely have it, the question is, why would you want one?

Here's the thing, while it might seem handy to have two nozzles in one like that, what you're actually getting is an unwieldy gadget that is going to break before you can recoup your money on it. If you want to spend your money wisely, then invest in quick clip hose ends and equip all your hoses and attachments with them, this will allow you to swap from one attachment to another very very quickly and easily.

You have two choices with quick clips, the kind that automatically stop water flow when you decouple the connection and those that don't. Personally, I find that the auto-stop type are a bit harder to use and you end up getting squirted by the residual pressure in the attachment. My preference is to use a hose end ball valve before the quick clip, this allows you to not only turn off the water before swapping attachments, it also allows you to moderate the pressure of the water without having to go back to the faucet.

The other reason, and my #1 point of questioning why you'd want to buy one is that expensive hose nozzles tend not to work all that well, nor do they last long enough to justify their cost. I have found that the $1-2 plastic nozzles not only perform better, they last longer.

Your mileage may vary, this has been my experience. :cool:

dj1
dj1

"The other reason, and my #1 point of questioning why you'd want to buy one is that expensive hose nozzles tend not to work all that well, nor do they last long enough to justify their cost. I have found that the $1-2 plastic nozzles not only perform better, they last longer."

Exactly.

Some time ago they had infomercials promoting a double head (a drill bit and a screw driver bit) no name brand power drill. They played it frequently on many channels. Even selling it at low low prices.

Do you hear about them today? I sure don't. It was probably a gizmo that didn't work. None of my friends owns one, even though we all agreed that this was an idea with potential.

A. Spruce
A. Spruce

I remember those bits, only ever saw laymen using them. I agree that they had potential, but for me they were too bulky and awkward. I prefer the magnetic bit holder with the sheath that slides down over the screw. These hold the screws better and the sheath keeps the bit and screw aligned for one-handed operations, say balancing a sheet of drywall on your head and trying to get some screws in before your neck cracks.:p

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.