I bought one of these a few months ago and after completing a few projects with it, I feel I can give a proper review.I bought mine, model # 6300-01, at HD for $99 plus tax. I did some research online on these oscillating tools. There are versions of this tool that got better reviews, but like alot of people, I can't afford the best tools. So I settled on this version.
Projects I used the tool for:
1. Trimmed the bottom of a door jamb. The cut was straight, clean and fast.
2. Trimmed base molding without removing the molding from the wall. The cut was straight, clean and fast.
3. I tried to use the scraper blades to remove tile glue from drywall. The flexible scraper was too flexable, and the firm blade was too slow for my taste. I used a manual scraper to finish faster.
Here are my pros & cons.
1. It is comfortable to hold and control single-handed.
2. The power cable is long enough without being in the way.
3. It has enough power to do what it is designed for.
4. I can get into tight spots that other saws cannot reach.
5. It has an adjustable speed control. It does make a difference when cutting different materials.
6. Changing blades is simple.
1. There is not a wide selection of blades, yet.
2. The blades are expensive and I do not know of a cheaper alternative.
I am happy with the purchase. It works as advertised, and is a good alternative to the more expensive versions. I would recommend the tool to a DIYer.