2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Marvin Zauss
Door Step?

I hope someone can help me. I want to change the step that you stand on when you enter my home. I am not sure what it is called. It probably is made of OAK or some other hard wood. When I went to hardware store they didn't know what I was talking about. I now took a picture and am sending it with this post. I know what the threshold is and it sets on top of this part.

See photo,

Re: Door Step?

It's the door sill,look at the link below.

A door sill forms the bottom of the frame at an exterior doorway and serves a function similar to a windowsill — it serves as a durable base that diverts water away from the door and house. The sill fits snugly under the casing and against or under the jambs.

Fastened to the sill is a threshold, which helps seal the air space under a door. Thresholds are often used in interior doorways, too, to cover a transition between different flooring materials.



Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.