11 posts / 0 new
Last post
johnjh2o
Re: Diverter?

It is a problem with the diverter. There in different locations on different faucets. If you can tell me what faucet you have I can help you get the correct one and give you instructions on how to replace it.

John

A. Spruce
Re: Diverter?
johnjh2o wrote:

It is a problem with the diverter. There in different locations on different faucets. If you can tell me what faucet you have I can help you get the correct one and give you instructions on how to replace it.

John

Where the heck can you get a diverter? I need to replace mine and nobody has it. All I can tell you is that it's a Delta that's about 12 years old, single lever with side mount hose.

emst
Re: Diverter?

I have a Kohler Double Handle Kitchen faucet, K-16109-4A.

johnjh2o
Re: Diverter?
A. Spruce wrote:

Where the heck can you get a diverter? I need to replace mine and nobody has it. All I can tell you is that it's a Delta that's about 12 years old, single lever with side mount hose.

Most plumbing supply houses should have them. You may be able to get one at the big box store. They may not know what they look like. Here is the one you need. To install it you have to remove the spout and it's in the front under the spout. Just pull the old one out and install the new one.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_21760-72981-RP63136_?productId=3192813&sit

John

emst
Re: Diverter?

I get an error when I go to that link. Can you give me the info so I can Google it?

emst
Re: Diverter?

Hmm. The link changed. I can now see a DELTA Diverter Assembly. I can use that for my Kohler faucet?

johnjh2o
Re: Diverter?
emst wrote:

I have a Kohler Double Handle Kitchen faucet, K-16109-4A.

Here is a PDF file showing your faucet. Go to page 14 that shows the break down of your faucet. The diverter is part # 75878.

http://www.us.kohler.com/webassets/kpna/catalog/pdf/en/1130185_2.pdf

John

emst
Re: Diverter?

Thanks. I'm a 64-yr-old lady--do you remove the spout (like the Delta) and is the part inside?

johnjh2o
Re: Diverter?
emst wrote:

Thanks. I'm a 64-yr-old lady--do you remove the spout (like the Delta) and is the part inside?

Yes you do remove the spout. I would also replace the O rings at the same time you replace the diverter. Just pay attention to the order in which the parts come out.

John

emst
Re: Diverter?

Thank you!

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.