3 posts / 0 new
Last post
dishwasher breaker

I am getting ready to replace my countertops, sink & faucet in the kitchen. My current sink has what I refer to as a breaker which I thought was for the dishwasher. When I look at new products, installation videos, etc, I never see any reference to this. Is this breaker really for the dishwasher and is it needed. Most sinks that I look at have 4 holes and the faucets come with sprayers and soap dispensers which use them all.:confused:

Re: dishwasher breaker

Actually, looking in an old repair book, I found out it is called the air gap. :rolleyes:

Re: dishwasher breaker

Air gap is needed. Generally 4 holes hot, cold, spot, and sprayer . Even many single control faucets have cover plate to cover 3 holes

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.