2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Design Help

We have a large area of our basement (27' X 24') with an egress window. We would like to turn this area into a master suite. There is a bearing wall running through the middle of the area. We need design help to figure out how best to utilize this space but don't know whether to go to an engineer, architect, interior designer, or ??? Who should we talk to?


Re: Design Help

I think you should talk a bit with each of them considering that it's the basement we're talking about, it's a foundation area and you're not supposed to add structure modifications to that.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.