3 posts / 0 new
Last post
denny spaulding

Please help! we used an icepick to defrost our old 1950's refrigerator and punctured the freezer coil. Can it be fixed? and who would we call? We really like this refrigerator and would be greatful for any information. We live in Atlanta Georgia.
Thanks so much.

A. Spruce
Re: denny spaulding

I'd start with a refrigerator repair shop, if they can't do it then try an HVAC shop. It may require a bit of both to do the repair, the refer tech to drain the freon, the HVAC tech to fix the condenser, and the refer tech back to recharge the system. If that doesn't work, then possibly, just maybe, a radiator repair shop could do the condenser repair, and the refer tech to do his thing before and after.

If you do get it fixed, report back and tell us how it went. Good luck.

Re: denny spaulding

Thank you so much, will try and keep you posted.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.