Home>Discussions>BATHROOMS>Creative kitchen project - pot filler faucet
1 post / 0 new
Creative kitchen project - pot filler faucet

I want to install a pot filler faucet for my wife for Christmas but purchasing one is outside of our spending cap for xmas gifts. I want to make one out of standard plumbing fittings but can't seem to find a stem that swivels, or find the right combination of fittings that does the trick. I would like to make it out of chrome covered piping, but copper would be OK to. It doesn't have to be pretty, just work. I figure it'll look industrial chic. The supply would come from the 1/2 inch flexible tubing running from an undersink filter to my existing faucet, I figured I would just put a "T" fitting on that somewhere. That way the pot faucet water is filtered also. I would want there to be 2 shutoffs, one at the faucet head or the wall (accessible), the other under the sink.

The piping can be exposed, and clamped to the wall along the backsplash until it gets to the point that has to swivel. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I feel like someone who knows faucets really well will know the exact parts I need.

In a pinch I was thinking of running flexible tubing inside of the copper pipe, so the copper would just be the frame and the raceway for the flexible tubing. Then the pivot point could just be a threaded copper fitting that I leave loose, but this seems to have other problems, like the joint being rigid enough to stay where you want it, and attaching the faucent head at the end to both the internal and external pipe...

Again, any help is greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.