3 posts / 0 new
Last post
bkg sports
Corner trim

I'm replacing some asbestos and cement fiber siding. I need to replace a piece of the old corner trim. It is the old metal rounded type. I would like to know what I could use in its place.

Thanks for any help

A. Spruce
Re: Corner trim

If you can't find replacements at a local lumberyard or salvage, then take one to an architectural sheet metal shop (usually part of an HVAC company ) and have them duplicate them for you. With a little effort and practice you could probably make a few on your own with basic hand tools.

Re: Corner trim

I think they still make something like that for exterior stucco corner bead; that has an inset edge/proud corner. Mason's /plasterer's supply house would be where to look. The stuff you have was heavily galvanized; the new stuff maybe less so. Paint it well.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.