Got a weird question here, and can't seem to find any relevant info out on the web.
Last night when my GF went to plug in a USB adapter+cord, the socket made a “popping” noise. Then a few seconds later, when she was about to plug in the cord to the phone, the adapter “spat out” the cord. The adapter stayed in the outlet, but there was a burnt smell that I typically associate with electrical short/fire. We think we traced the smell the adapter and not the outlet itself, but hard to be sure. Then we turned off the breaker for that room and went to bed.
-we just had carpet installed yesterday, and have basically been getting shocked by anything and everyone up there.
-we had a 3 outlet extension cord plugged into the outlet the whole time, and no issues from the devices that were plugged into the extension cord
-we tried the adapter that had spat out the plug on a different outlet and got nothing
-in case you’re wondering it’s NOT this: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technolo...224156793.html
So I’m wondering – do I have a larger problem? Or should I chalk this up to a freak occurrence that will probably never happen again?
thanks in advance!