Home>Discussions>INTERIORS>Molding & Carpentry>Concrete floors problem in 1978 house in very moist Southeast Texas
1 post / 0 new
justmeobts
Concrete floors problem in 1978 house in very moist Southeast Texas

My house flooded with sewage backup, caused by a failed backflip prevention valve. The water was only 1/2 inch or less deep only in 3 rooms and then flowed under the wall into under the lanolium floors in the kitchen. Which added two more rooms affected. I hired a mitigation company to take care of the post flood stuff. The had 2 commercial dehumidifiers in my home for almost a week, plus multiple fans of course. After they left about 2.5 weeks later my bedroom and closest started to have massive amounts of moisture in the air. So much that my bed would literally be moist by the end of the day and my cloths in the closet stayed damp. I have no active clean water leaks, don't know how to check for a dirty water leak. The problem I'm having now is my bedroom has developed mold on the floor under the bed and in the closet as well. I keep a box fan and a ceiling fan on 24/7 to keep the air moving but the moisture is out of this world high still. I took someone's advise and painted the floors with Drylock two layers but that only worked for about 4 days and the moisture came right back with vengeance and now the mold seems harder to keep gone. Can anyone help me with suggestions please? I have my new floors scheduled to be installed at end of month. It am avoiding this room until I can fix the mold and moisture problem. Unless someone out there tells me all this will be fine once I have carpet installed.

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.