2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mr Ed
chipping plaster

There are several corners in my home where the dog's or the gate for the dog's has slowly cracked the plaster on said corners. The previous owner used some type of metal secured to the dry wall and plastered over the corners. This causes about a 2 inch area that need's to be replastered in several areas throughout the house. Do I re-do the entire 3-4 ft. area or can I get away with just the areas that are really bad? A few inches here and there.

Re: chipping plaster

You can probably just fill in the chipped areas with
multiple layers of joint compound. If the walls are
textured, you may have a challenge getting the patches
to blend in.

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.