1 post / 0 new
Calling all masons

Hi all,
I recently bought an old house in NJ. It has an addition in the rear that has a variety of masonry. The house and the addition are 4 layers of brick brick wide with the floor joist tied directly into the brick. My question concerns one of the walls that had stucco applied to it. I started to remove the stucco and found what I believe is some sort of patch. It's a dark gray aggregate similar to cinder block but it seems to be continuos rather than blocks. This "patch" runs pretty deep and is at least the depth of a brick.

I'd like to know if anyone was familiar with this type of masonry work. I have quite a few bricks and am in the process of squiring more. So I would be willing to rip down all the damaged area but I'm worried that the wall is poured any not stacked brick. I'm not willing to take down the entire wall. The opposite side of the wall is the same 4 layer of brick.

Any suggestions or info would be appreciated.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.