1 post / 0 new
Blown in insulation

A few years I took advice off this forum and used blown in cellulose to insulate some exterior walls. I like the results and want to use it again for another part of the house. Problem is I don't recall where I got the materials for sealing the wall cavities. There was some fabric and adhesive for bonding the fabric to the studs to create a bay for the material to sit. Does anyone know where I could find these materials? It seems HD sells the cellulose and rents the machine...but it looks like it is intended for attics...not walls (no materials like the fabric or adhesive). I remember also buying an aluminum tube that adapts to the machine tube and penetrates the fabric. This has to be at least 7 years ago when I first did this.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.


Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.