After 40 years, I finally left the screen open. Now I have a silver dollar (2 inch) burn on the Oak floor. I used a circular sander to get the char off, but stopped before I dug to deep a hole. I really do not want to use a vibrating sander to finish and blend the depression into the rest of the floor.
Does anyone have any experience in using a strong bleach such as Oxalic acid to bleach the remaining scorch marks out? Is there any other solution other then sanding or cutting a patch out of the floor?