Just in the process of finishing the basement of a new used home we purchased. We are in Vancouver BC. I'm leaning toward the following:
- Attach XPS ridgid to the concrete with it going up and over to the bottom plate
- Use spray foam to seal all the cracks and gaps
- Remove old insulation and replace with Roxul
- Place a vapour barrier over top of the Roxul on the top section
- Frame a pony wall 1/2" from the ridgid that will extend up to where the bottom plate making a shelf type arrrangment.
- Once the framing has been completed fill the voids with Roxul.
- I'm either going to use Dricore or 2" xps with 3/4" t&g plywood with hardwood nailed to that.
I've video a lot videos on this type of arrrangement and Building Science would NOT put a vapour barrier on anything below grade>.