Home>Discussions>DOORS & WINDOWS>Andersen sliding door 400 series leaking
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dgaribaldidpm
Andersen sliding door 400 series leaking
Quote:

[email protected]I had purchased an Andersen Sliding Door 400 series from Home Depot in July 2012. I had my contractor installed it. That October ,Hurricane Sandy along with several Noreasters had pummeled Plum Island in Newburyport MA. The new Andersen Door had leaked from the top & also the bottom well had filled up & overflowed onto my newly installed maple hardwood floors. I had contacted Home Depot & they instructed me to contact Andersen . Andersen sent an Andersen repairman out. He tightened the fittings on the sliding door & he looked for the drainage holes that are suppose to be in the wells He could not located any.? The tightening helped to stop the window from leaking at the top , but the wells continued to fill & overflow onto the wood floors. This past September , I had an Andersen Renewal rep come to my home to replace two other sliding doors ( three original 200 series installed in 1980's ) Reason for replacement was inefficient & cold air coming in & also occasional leaks from damage & cracked wells. The rep gave me a price for replacement of three new doors ( they would NOT REINSTALL NEW ANDERSEN DOOR. So I decided to purchase the three doors , including the replacement for the year old door. The year old door was replaced yesterday (yes it took 4 months) & the Andersen installers were OUTSTANDING. When they installed the year old 400 series door with the new hurricane series door (which is DEFINITELY a much better door than the Home Depot 400 series. They informed me that the door they were replacing was not a defect in the installation ( as Home Depot & also former Andersen rep had stated ). But the problem was in the manufacturer of the door. There are no drain holes in the wells & Andersen made a faulty door that should be covered . Who do I contact to resolve this matter? Thank you.

dj1
Re: Andersen sliding door 400 series leaking

If the manufacturer sends you an installer, who states the the door or window is defective (and I'm sure you have it in writing) - then you contact the manufacturer's customer service to resolve the issue. Good luck.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.