Home>Discussions>BATHROOMS>1950's bathroom tile replacement
7 posts / 0 new
Last post
ranch girl
1950's bathroom tile replacement

I have a 1957 bathroom vanity that has the square 4"x4" peachy-pink colored tile countertop/backsplash. Where can I find tile to replace the ones that have been damaged?

KCPumpkinStalker
Re: 1950's bathroom tile replacement

Might have to try and have them custom matched. There are quite a few places on the net that you can send dimensions and a sample of the tile and they will do their best to match it. Finding one out of the blue that matches will be extremely difficult.

BungalowRemodeler

I too am looking for someone to create replacement tiles that match our vintage tile. I have had trouble finding companies that do this. Any suggestions on where to find one?

amb645

I am currently replacing my vanity, which is a pinky peach tile from the 1950's. I can email you a picture of the tile to see if it matches yours.

Shaun

It is hard to get an exact match, even more with somewhat uncommon colors, however before paying $$$$ for custom matches, I would stop by or place a call to some local tile or flooring stores. A local store near me has thousands of extras and doesn't mind if I borrow one to match. Two tricks : you have to do the searching and make sure the light in the bathroom is favorable for making the color match.

grrlfridy
BungalowRemodeler wrote:

I too am looking for someone to create replacement tiles that match our vintage tile. I have had trouble finding companies that do this. Any suggestions on where to find one?

I am re-doing a 1950's bath with the peachy pink tile and need some bullnose and a few squares. Do you happen to have any left?

My nephew just broke on of our vintage tiles on the bathroom countertop. Where can we find a dark teal counter edge? Its about 6 or 8 inches long. Home built in 1956 and we're trying to get it ready to sell....help!

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.