Generation NEXT Casting Call 2019
THIS OLD HOUSE VENTURES, LLC
GENERATION NEXT APPRENTICE CASTING CALL
This Old House Ventures, LLC (“TOHV”) is searching for the next generation of talent—apprentices who will learn from and work alongside our crew on location at two scheduled televised projects:
- Apprenticeship Period:April 1-September 27, 2019
- Project One: Westerly Rhode Island
- Project Two: Greater Boston Area (TBD)
From Monday, January 14, 2019 through March 3, 2019, TOHV will accept video and written submissions for consideration via thisoldhouse.com/TOHapprentice. Two (2) Generation NEXT apprentices will be selected by the editorial team of the This Old House television show, based on the criteria outlined in Section 2 of this Agreement. Apprentices will work alongside the cast and crew of This Old House Television, in addition to other construction workers, contractors and vendors, as they participate in the renovation of two scheduled Project Houses (“The Project Houses”). The Project Houses will be filmed for the 2019-20 Season of This Old House, the first premiering on PBS Television in October of 2019. Apprentices may appear on the This Old House television show; segment and duration not guaranteed and subject to editorial discretion. The projects will be in Westerly, RI and The Greater Boston are (TBD).
TOH is an equal opportunity company that complies with all applicable state and federal laws including those regarding nondiscrimination.
Applicant must be able to prove at the time of your entry that: 1. You are 18 years of age or older. 2. You are a legal U.S. citizen or a permanent U.S. resident who is eligible to work full-time in the United States. 3. You have a legal, valid, state-issued driver’s license. 4. You are not an employee, officer or director of This Old House Ventures or share a household with any such person. 5. That you have experience in a suitable building trade (i.e. plumbing, construction, woodworking, etc.). 6. You are not bound by any contract or agreement that prohibits or conflicts with performance in auditions or actual filming of the show during the Apprenticeship period (April 1-September 27). 7. That you are able to travel to, and remain in, Westerly Rhode Island and/or the Greater Boston Area areas for the duration of said Apprenticeship period.
2. The Application Process:
We are looking for eligible apprentices who are willing to work and learn across all
building mediums, including but not limited to: building construction, plumbing, landscaping.
Eligible applicants must apply online at thisoldhouse.com/TOHapprentice, where they will (1)
complete the Apprenticeship application (2) Submit a link to their Video Application; (3) upload
their Letter(s) of Recommendation; (4) Provide a resume of their trade or trade school
- Video Application: Video should include an introduction to who you are, your field of interest/expertise (i.e plumbing, construction, landscaping, etc.), your experience level in said field, and an explanation of why you should be selected to work alongside the TOH Crew.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: Applicant must include at least one (1), but may submit up to three (3) letters of recommendation to support their application. A minimum of one letter should be supplied from a trade-related source (such as a manager, foreperson, teacher, etc.) who can speak to your skill level and work ethic.
- If a finalist cannot be contacted, is deemed ineligible, fails to claim or fails to timely return the completed and executed affidavit, releases and other agreements and consents, their position will be forfeited and an alternate finalist will be selected.
d. All eligible submissions will be reviewed, and finalists will be chosen by the Editorial Team from This Old House Television. Finalists may be asked to supply additional information, video, and/or screen test, if necessary.
SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MARCH 3, 2019. Finalists will be contacted on or before
March 15, 2019.
- APPRENTICE’S ELIGIBILITY:
The Apprentices chosen must be able and willing to provide: 1. Identification: You must provide one form of state-issued ID (for example, a driver’s license or a passport). 2. Proof of citizenship/residency: If your birth certificate was not issued in the United States, you must bring proof of citizenship and/or permanent U.S. residency. 3. Affidavit of Eligibility, as provided by TOHV, which the Apprentice must fill out, sign, agreeing to all of TOHV’s terms and conditions. Your family and/or guests should also be prepared to sign releases concerning the possible taping and/or recording of their name, likeness, voice, conversation, etc. You may also be subject to a thorough background investigation and other examinations at TOHV’s discretion. ALL FORMS MUST BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY AND TRUTHFULLY. IF YOU FAIL TO COMPLETE ANY FORM, GIVE ANY FALSE INFORMATION, OR FAIL TO REVEAL ANY PERTINENT INFORMATION, YOU MAY BE DISQUALIFIED.
- APPRENTICESHIP DETAILS:
- Round-trip, coach airfare from Apprentice’s home city to Rhode Island/Boston
- Accommodations for the duration of the Apprenticeship Period at a local hotel of Sponsor’s choosing
- Bi-weekly wages in the amount of $500 per week (avg. 35-40 hours of work per week)
- Apprentices will work alongside members of the TOH crew in an Apprenticeship capacity, assisting with construction of the Project House on the set of the This Old House Television Show
- Apprentices will be expected to chronicle their adventures with the Crew on the set via social media, blogging, journaling, sharing photos, etc.
- Apprentice may receive products or services beneficial to their respective fields, including but not limited to: apparel, tools, financial advice, housing, airfare, truck lease, home center gift certificates, etc.
- Apprentice will be responsible for any incremental expenditures, including but not limited to: meals, ground transportation not related to Production duties, cellphone/phone calls, wardrobe/laundry, etc.
- Apprentice will be responsible for reporting and paying all applicable federal, state or local taxes related to any of the above
- Apprentice will be required to read and sign an Apprenticeship Position Agreement upon acceptance of position
- GENERAL CONDITIONS:
By applying for the TOHV Apprenticeship Position, you agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the casting agents and TOHV, which shall be final and binding. Your video application, your presence on the set, and the presence of your friends, family members and anyone else accompanying you, constitutes your and their consent and agreement to the recording and use, by TOHV, of your and their appearance, likeness and name for use in connection with any broadcast or cable television, commercial video, audio, wireless/ mobile application, social media, or Internet use for all purposes (including advertising, marketing, promotion, merchandising and the exploitation of any and all ancillary and subsidiary rights), as the same may be edited, in all media now known or hereafter created. Such consent is given in exchange for and in consideration of the opportunity to be considered for an Apprenticeship, unless otherwise required by law. IF YOU OR ANYONE ACCOMPANYING YOU TO THE SET DO NOT WISH TO BE PHOTOGRAPHED, OR ARE UNWILLING TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY. You and/or their attendance on the set at any time will be conclusively deemed to be a waiver of any and all claims for invasion of privacy, defamation, etc. Applicant agrees to hold forever harmless of any liability whatsoever, TOHV, or any other sponsors of this promotion, including their employees, affiliates, parent companies, agencies and subsidiaries, for damages that may occur by the application for, or acceptance of, this position. Applicant agrees to allow the participating Sponsors the opportunity to use their names and/or photographs for publicity for this promotion. All federal, state and local laws apply. No cash or other substitution or transfer of prize permitted.
- TAXES AND STATUS
Apprentices will be solely responsible for reporting and paying all applicable federal, state or local taxes on the stipend they receive and any other items they receive in connection with this program. Apprentices are NOT employees of TOHV, they are at-will independent contractors and may have their involvement terminated at any time and for any reason by TOHV.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Entrants release and hold harmless TOHV and any affiliated entity, and their officers, directors,
employees and agents from any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named
or described) for injuries, damages or losses to persons, including death and property which
may be sustained in connection with the Apprenticeship position.
- GOVERNING LAW
All aspects of the TOHV Generation Next Apprentice Casting Call, including but not limited to the
application process and any related disputes, are subject to and governed by Connecticut law.
In the event of a dispute, TOHV’s decision and selection of Apprentices will be final and binding.
Official rules are subject to modification by TOHV at any time.