August 16, 2017
Maker Jimmy DiResta designs and creates everything from swords to birdhouses, and he manages to squeeze in a standard doghouse and reclaimed wood table here and there. He’s been a co-host with his brother, John, on a few television shows—Trash to Cash, Hammered with John & Jimmy DiResta, and Dirty Money—and has hosted his own show Against the Grain. Now, you’ll get to see him in the upcoming season of Ask This Old House.
In addition to television appearances, you may have also heard him on the “Making It” podcast with David Picciuto and Bob Clagett. In honor of his Ask TOH appearance, here are a few of our favorite DiResta projects via YouTube:
- “DIRESTA Old School Dog House,” in which he uses ½-inch plywood and old barn wood to make a home for Lucky and Woody.
- “Diresta 4 Tools,” where he helps out some $1 flea market finds.
- “DiResta Reception Desk,” featuring contruction with pine over the course of a month.
- “DiResta Reclaimed Wood Table,” with wood from the streets of NYC.
- “DiResta Bar Cart,” or the perfect anniversary gift.
- “DiResta Table Lamp,” designed with a friend.
- “DiResta Slab Bench,” made with locust slab and steel.
- “DiResta Walnut File Drawer,” in which he also experiments with a GoPro camera.
- “DiResta Steel & Wood Bench,” made for the front of his (now defunct) NYC storefront.
- “DiResta 46 A NEW PUPPY!!” Just bonus fun.
RELATED: How to Make an Ocean Table by Bob Clagett or Watch full episodes of Ask This Old House