Find more information on Ask This Old House episodes, or more information on products and services you saw on Ask This Old House.
Ask This Old House does not endorse any product or service mentioned within this Web site.
Sort by Season
Select a Season:
Season 3 Show Descriptions
Showing results for "Season 3"
Scan the episodes below and select "more" to get information on products or services you saw on that episode.
- Episode #326
- Installing window boxes on brick siding, making plumbing connections, installing a "drip strip" … more
- Episode #325
- Installing fluorescent light fixtures, landscaping software, replacing an aluminum baseboard heat cover
- Episode #324
- Installing an electronic air cleaner, removing ice from a walkway, venting a bathroom fan.… more
- Episode #323
- Clearing a clogged vent stack, building a backyard ice rinks… more
- Episode #322
- Riding lawnmowers, garbage disposers, and replacing a rotting wooden threshold… more
- Episode #321
- Installing a 220 volt receptacle, gardening hand tools, and installing a macerating toilet… more
- Episode #320
- Leveling a floor, fixing a leaky water shut-off valve, air compressors… more
- Episode #319
- Composting, and removing a house trap… more
- Episode #318
- Unclogging bathtub drains, exploring alternatives to window weights and planting a low-maintenance garden … more
- Episode #317
- Replacing rotted deck balusters, and connecting an icemaker, and stripping wallpaper
- Episode #316
- Replicating moldings, fixing an unlevel patio, and stripping wallpaper
- Episode #315
- Replacing an old storm window, winterizing shrubs, and using carbon monoxide detectors
- Episode #314
- Repairing a glass door, and pruning a Pin Oak
- Episode #313
Original Air Date: Week of December 27, 2004
Landscape Contractor Roger Cook re-seeds a damaged lawn for homeowner Mary Brintnall of Beverly, Massachusetts. Back in the loft, Roger, along with general contractor Tom Silva, plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey, and host Kevin O'Connor ask, "What is it?" Then, Richard heads to the Detroit suburb of Sterling Heights, Michigan to install a new kitchen sink for homeowners Donna and Tim Mackey.
Planting a New Lawn
Roger decides that a homeowner's lawn is a lost cause and must plant a new one. He removes the old lawn using a sod cutter and prepares the lawn for seeding using a roto-tiller. He then adds compost, lime and fertilizer to the soil before seeding and watering.
Where to Find It
Roto-tillers and sod-cutters can be rented at your local home center or rental store
Aged-leaf compost is available at some municipal compost facilities, garden centers, and nurseries.
Lime, fertilizer and seed is available at your local home center, nursery, or garden center
What Is It?
Roger shows a device for watering a Christmas Tree.
Where to Find It
Santa's Magic Water Spout: manufactured by Keystone Products, Inc.
300 South Stratford Rd. Suite G
Winston-Salem, NC 27103
Available at hardware stores and home centers
Replacing a Kitchen Sink
Richard replaces an old kitchen sink with a new one. He also replaced the faucet and garbage disposer.
Where to Find It
Kitchen sink: manufactured by American Standard
Silhouette 33" Double Bowl Kitchen Sink
Kitchen faucet:: manufactured by American Standard
Garbage Disposer: IN-SINK-ERATOR
- Episode #312
- Repairing cracked stucco, cleaning a lawnmower, and installing a dehumidifier pump
- Episode #311
- Learning about ladder safety and rebuilding a crumbling retaining wall
- Episode #310
- Silencing a noisy toilet, cutting crown molding, and replacing broken tile
- Episode #309
- Repairing leaky valves, replacing a cellar door, and repairing a leaky drip irrigation hose
- Episode #308
- Installing adjustable shelves, identifying a plastic guard for a tree trunk, and testing your soil before planting
- Episode #307
- Relacing a water heater's anode rod, installing a rain diverter, identifying a gutter cleaner and no-caulk flashing, and installing thermostatic valves on steam radiators
- Episode #306
- Adding window boxes, identifying a cordless drill holder, and how to install sod
- Episode #305
- Removing damaged bolts and screws; creating a walkway edge; What Is It?; jacking up a porch to fix a rotting post
- Episode #304
- Cutting a kitchen pass-through; What Is It?; stopping a toilet from running… more
- Episode #303
- Repairing a fence, restoring hot water by fixing an anti-scald valve, and installing a keyless chuck on an older drill
- Episode #302
- Replacing a clogged trap, brick walkway patterns, and covering a cracked ceiling with drywall
- Episode #301
- Edging a garden bed, choosing drill bits, identifying a nail finder, and how to use a fire extinguisher. … more