Find more information on Ask This Old House episodes, or more information on products and services you saw on Ask This Old House.
Ask This Old House does not endorse any product or service mentioned within this Web site.
Sort by Season
Select a Season:
Season 3 Show Descriptions
Showing results for "Season 3"
Scan the episodes below and select "more" to get information on products or services you saw on that episode.
- Episode #326
- Installing window boxes on brick siding, making plumbing connections, installing a "drip strip" … more
- Episode #325
- Installing fluorescent light fixtures, landscaping software, replacing an aluminum baseboard heat cover
- Episode #324
- Installing an electronic air cleaner, removing ice from a walkway, venting a bathroom fan.… more
- Episode #323
- Clearing a clogged vent stack, building a backyard ice rinks… more
- Episode #322
- Riding lawnmowers, garbage disposers, and replacing a rotting wooden threshold… more
- Episode #321
- Installing a 220 volt receptacle, gardening hand tools, and installing a macerating toilet… more
- Episode #320
- Leveling a floor, fixing a leaky water shut-off valve, air compressors… more
- Episode #319
- Composting, and removing a house trap… more
- Episode #318
- Unclogging bathtub drains, exploring alternatives to window weights and planting a low-maintenance garden … more
- Episode #317
- Replacing rotted deck balusters, and connecting an icemaker, and stripping wallpaper
- Episode #316
- Replicating moldings, fixing an unlevel patio, and stripping wallpaper
- Episode #315
- Replacing an old storm window, winterizing shrubs, and using carbon monoxide detectors
- Episode #314
- Repairing a glass door, and pruning a Pin Oak
- Episode #313
- Planting a new lawn, and replacing a kitchen sink
- Episode #312
- Repairing cracked stucco, cleaning a lawnmower, and installing a dehumidifier pump
- Episode #311
Original Air Date: Week of December 13, 2004
Host Kevin O'Connor heads outside the barn to learn about ladder safety from expert John Drengenberg. Up in the loft, Kevin, along with general contractor Tom Silva, plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey and landscaping contractor Roger Cook, asks, "What is it?" Then, Roger rebuilds a crumbling retaining wall with homeowner Colin White of Wakefield, Massachusetts using interlocking concrete blocks.
Kevin meets ladder safety expert John Drengenberg from United Laboratories to learn about ladder safety. Drengenberg explains proper use of extension ladders, as well as stabilizer bars and leveling feet.
Where to Find It
Ladder Safety Expert:
Underwriters Laboratories, Inc.
Lynn Ladder & Scaffolding
What Is It?
Richard shows a mat used to protect a toilet bowl from scratches while using a snake to clear a clog.
Where to Find It
Auger Mat Toilet Bowl Protector:
Marketed by The Better Mousetrap People (BMP)
Available at your local home center or plumbing supply store
Replacing an Old Retaining Wall
Roger replaced an old, crumbling retaining wall with interlocking concrete pavers.
Where to Find It
Ideal Concrete Block Co.
Guillotine-style block splitter can be rented at your local masonry or stone yard
- Episode #310
- Silencing a noisy toilet, cutting crown molding, and replacing broken tile
- Episode #309
- Repairing leaky valves, replacing a cellar door, and repairing a leaky drip irrigation hose
- Episode #308
- Installing adjustable shelves, identifying a plastic guard for a tree trunk, and testing your soil before planting
- Episode #307
- Relacing a water heater's anode rod, installing a rain diverter, identifying a gutter cleaner and no-caulk flashing, and installing thermostatic valves on steam radiators
- Episode #306
- Adding window boxes, identifying a cordless drill holder, and how to install sod
- Episode #305
- Removing damaged bolts and screws; creating a walkway edge; What Is It?; jacking up a porch to fix a rotting post
- Episode #304
- Cutting a kitchen pass-through; What Is It?; stopping a toilet from running… more
- Episode #303
- Repairing a fence, restoring hot water by fixing an anti-scald valve, and installing a keyless chuck on an older drill
- Episode #302
- Replacing a clogged trap, brick walkway patterns, and covering a cracked ceiling with drywall
- Episode #301
- Edging a garden bed, choosing drill bits, identifying a nail finder, and how to use a fire extinguisher. … more