Find more information on Ask This Old House episodes, or more information on products and services you saw on Ask This Old House.
Ask This Old House does not endorse any product or service mentioned within this Web site.
Sort by Season
Select a Season:
Season 3 Show Descriptions
Showing results for "Season 3"
Scan the episodes below and select "more" to get information on products or services you saw on that episode.
- Episode #326
- Installing window boxes on brick siding, making plumbing connections, installing a "drip strip" … more
- Episode #325
- Installing fluorescent light fixtures, landscaping software, replacing an aluminum baseboard heat cover
- Episode #324
- Installing an electronic air cleaner, removing ice from a walkway, venting a bathroom fan.… more
- Episode #323
- Clearing a clogged vent stack, building a backyard ice rinks… more
- Episode #322
- Riding lawnmowers, garbage disposers, and replacing a rotting wooden threshold… more
- Episode #321
Original Air Date: Week of February 21, 2005
General contractor Tom Silva shows host Kevin O'Connor what's inside a typical residential electrical service panel. Then, master electrician Allen Gallant helps homeowner Steve Bankowitz of Burlington, Massachusetts install a new 220-volt receptacle in his garage-turned-woodshop. Landscape contractor Roger Cook shows Kevin what types of hand tools every home gardener should own. Then, the crew asks "What is it?" in the Ask This Old House loft. Later, plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey helps homeowner Scott Jones of Arlington, Massachusetts install a macerating toilet in his basement.
Installing a 220 Volt Receptacle
Master electrician Allen Gallant installs a 220-volt receptacle in a garage for a stationary band saw. First, he inspects the sub-panel to see if it has enough capacity. Then, he runs metal-clad (MC) cable from the sub-panel to the new receptacle and makes the necessary connections.
Where to Find It: Master electrician:
Gallant Electric, Inc.
4C YD Road
Bedford, MA 01730
MC cable, old-work boxes, receptacles and breakers can be purchased at your local electrical supply house or home center.
Gardening Hand Tools
Landscaping contractor Roger Cook shows Kevin some hand tools that every gardener should own.
Where to Find It
Garden hand tools can be purchased at your local nursery, garden center or home center.
What Is It?
Roger showed a device for holding corncobs to divert squirrels from bird feeders.
Where to Find It: Corn Trapper Spring Squirrel Feeder
Heritage Farms/Century Tool & Manufacturing Company, Inc.
Installing a Macerating Toilet
Richard installed a macerating toilet in a newly-finished basement. He connected the macerating unit to previously-installed water supply, waste, and vent lines. He then connected the toilet to the macerator, plugged the unit into a 110-volt GFCI outlet, and turned on the water.
Where to Find It: Saniplus macerating toilet
Other plumbing supplies can be purchased at your local plumbing supply house or home center.
- Episode #320
- Leveling a floor, fixing a leaky water shut-off valve, air compressors… more
- Episode #319
- Composting, and removing a house trap… more
- Episode #318
- Unclogging bathtub drains, exploring alternatives to window weights and planting a low-maintenance garden … more
- Episode #317
- Replacing rotted deck balusters, and connecting an icemaker, and stripping wallpaper
- Episode #316
- Replicating moldings, fixing an unlevel patio, and stripping wallpaper
- Episode #315
- Replacing an old storm window, winterizing shrubs, and using carbon monoxide detectors
- Episode #314
- Repairing a glass door, and pruning a Pin Oak
- Episode #313
- Planting a new lawn, and replacing a kitchen sink
- Episode #312
- Repairing cracked stucco, cleaning a lawnmower, and installing a dehumidifier pump
- Episode #311
- Learning about ladder safety and rebuilding a crumbling retaining wall
- Episode #310
- Silencing a noisy toilet, cutting crown molding, and replacing broken tile
- Episode #309
- Repairing leaky valves, replacing a cellar door, and repairing a leaky drip irrigation hose
- Episode #308
- Installing adjustable shelves, identifying a plastic guard for a tree trunk, and testing your soil before planting
- Episode #307
- Relacing a water heater's anode rod, installing a rain diverter, identifying a gutter cleaner and no-caulk flashing, and installing thermostatic valves on steam radiators
- Episode #306
- Adding window boxes, identifying a cordless drill holder, and how to install sod
- Episode #305
- Removing damaged bolts and screws; creating a walkway edge; What Is It?; jacking up a porch to fix a rotting post
- Episode #304
- Cutting a kitchen pass-through; What Is It?; stopping a toilet from running… more
- Episode #303
- Repairing a fence, restoring hot water by fixing an anti-scald valve, and installing a keyless chuck on an older drill
- Episode #302
- Replacing a clogged trap, brick walkway patterns, and covering a cracked ceiling with drywall
- Episode #301
- Edging a garden bed, choosing drill bits, identifying a nail finder, and how to use a fire extinguisher. … more