Find more information on Ask This Old House episodes, or more information on products and services you saw on Ask This Old House.
Ask This Old House does not endorse any product or service mentioned within this Web site.
Sort by Season
Select a Season:
Season 12 Show Descriptions
Showing results for "Season 12"
Scan the episodes below and select "more" to get information on products or services you saw on that episode.
- Episode #1226 of Season 12 of ATOH
- This special episode is all about renovating kitchens.This special episode is all about renovating kitchens. Tom and Kevin help a homeowner install new cabinets. Richard shows many options for countertops. And Kevin visits the Cleveland home and restaurant kitchens of Chef Michael Symon for ideas and inspiration.… more
- Episode #1225 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Electrician Scott Caron replaces outdated fluorescent undercabinet lights with new LED fixtures.… more
- Episode #1224 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- In this special episode, we make several important improvements.… more
- Episode #1223 of Season Twelve of Ask TOH
- Tom and Kevin build a simple table from solid fir, and Kevin works with a wood finishing expert to stain and finish it.… more
- Episode #1222 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- In this special program, the guys celebrate 300 episodes of "Ask This Old House" by looking back at some of their best moments and revealing some behind-the-scenes secrets.… more
- Episode #1221 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Richard helps a homeowner replace a shower valve that shuts off mysteriously.… more
- Episode #1220 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Roger helps a homeowner plant a low-cost, low-maintenance privacy screen.… more
- Episode #1219 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Roger shows Kevin how to start plants from seed.… more
- Episode #1218 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Richard helps a homeowner in New Hampshire quiet a squealing shower.… more
- Episode #1217 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Roger visits Biloxi, Mississippi where he builds a high tunnel greenhouse with a homeowner… more
- Episode #1216 of Season 12 of Ask This TOH
Original Air Date: Week of February 20, 2014
Richard visits a historic home in Mobile, Alabama and installs a clawfoot tub with shower. Tom installs a permanent fire escape ladder in a bedroom. Roger shows the best way to prune trees. And the guys ask "What Is It?"
Alabama Clawfoot Tub & Shower
Richard visits a historic home in Mobile, Alabama and installs a clawfoot tub with shower.
Where to find it?
All clawfoot tub bath and shower accessories, including the supply and drain lines, the fill valve, the shower head, and the curtain rod were manufactured by Sign of the Crab.
Expert assistance with this project was provided by Britannia Plumbing of Mobile, Alabama. They can be reached at 251-447-2266.
The horse-drawn carriage on which Richard arrives was provided by Bienville Carriage.
Ask Roger: Three-Cut Pruning
Roger shows the proper way to prune a tree using the three-cut method.
Where to find it?
The three-cut pruning method will prevent the weight of a branch from ripping the bark.
A hand-pruning saw can be purchased at a home center or garden center.
What Is It?
Kevin shows a long black fabric and the guys try to guess its intended use.
Where to find it?
The Quick Dam is a flood barrier. The fabric bag is filled with polymer that absorbs water and expands to many times its size. It can then be used as a sandbag to divert groundwater. It is manufactured by Absorbent Specialty Products.
Permanent Fire Escape Ladder
Tom installs a permanent fire escape ladder in a bedroom.
Where to find it?
Tom installed the Fire Escape Ladder in under a bedroom window. It is manufactured by Werner.
- Episode #1215 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Tom helps a homeowner fit a boxspring mattress up a narrow staircase.… more
- Episode #1214 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Tom repairs a rotted porch post. Richard visits New Orleans to help a family deal with high indoor humidity.… more
- Episode #1213 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Roger visits Santa Fe to learn about "waffle gardening," a method of growing vegetables in an arid climate.… more
- Episode #1212 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Tom heads to Seattle to install crown molding. Roger replaces a rotted fence post.… more
- Episode #1211 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Tom heads to Seattle to install crown molding. Roger replaces a rotted fence post. Kevin explains the difference between cement, concrete, and mortar. And the guys ask "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1210 of Season twelve of ATOH
- Roger visits New Mexico to install an irrigation system designed to work in a desert climate.… more
- Episode #1209 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Tom demonstrates many uses for a router. Richard replaces an air conditioning unit that freezes when it runs. And the guys ask "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1208 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- In this special episode, Richard visits Oklahoma to install a safe room for tornado protection… more
- Episode #1207 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Roger and a homeowner plant a maple tree. Richard heads to Indianapolis to begin work on a new master bathroom in a basement. And the guys ask What Is It?… more
- Episode #1206 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Tommy and Kevin replace a leaky skylight. Richard repairs a noisy toilet. And the guys ask "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1205 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Kevin visits Santa Fe and explores the Santa Fe style of architecture.… more
- Episode #1204 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Tom installs a pre-hung front door. Roger plants in big containers. And "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1203 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Richard replaces a leaking kitchen faucet with a new hands-free model. Kevin explains rechargeable batteries.… more
- Episode #1202 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Roger builds a garden bed for chile pepper plants in New Mexico. Richard repairs a leaky toilet with a worn out flange. And the guys ask "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1201 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- The twelfth season of Ask This Old House begins with Kevin teaching the guys how to use Twitter… more