Find more information on Ask This Old House episodes, or more information on products and services you saw on Ask This Old House.
Ask This Old House does not endorse any product or service mentioned within this Web site.
Sort by Season
Select a Season:
Season 12 Show Descriptions
Showing results for "Season 12"
Scan the episodes below and select "more" to get information on products or services you saw on that episode.
- Episode #1224 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- In this special episode, we make several important improvements.… more
- Episode #1223 of Season Twelve of Ask TOH
- Tom and Kevin build a simple table from solid fir, and Kevin works with a wood finishing expert to stain and finish it.… more
- Episode #1222 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- In this special program, the guys celebrate 300 episodes of "Ask This Old House" by looking back at some of their best moments and revealing some behind-the-scenes secrets.… more
- Episode #1221 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Richard helps a homeowner replace a shower valve that shuts off mysteriously.… more
- Episode #1220 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Roger helps a homeowner plant a low-cost, low-maintenance privacy screen.… more
- Episode #1219 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Roger shows Kevin how to start plants from seed.… more
- Episode #1218 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Richard helps a homeowner in New Hampshire quiet a squealing shower.… more
- Episode #1217 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Roger visits Biloxi, Mississippi where he builds a high tunnel greenhouse with a homeowner… more
- Episode #1216 of Season 12 of Ask This TOH
- Richard visits a historic home in Mobile, Alabama and installs a clawfoot tub with shower. … more
- Episode #1215 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Tom helps a homeowner fit a boxspring mattress up a narrow staircase.… more
- Episode #1214 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Tom repairs a rotted porch post. Richard visits New Orleans to help a family deal with high indoor humidity.… more
- Episode #1213 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Roger visits Santa Fe to learn about "waffle gardening," a method of growing vegetables in an arid climate.… more
- Episode #1212 of Season 12 of ATOH
Original Air Date: Week of January 16, 2014
Richard visits Charlotte, NC to install a whole-house humidifier. Kevin and electrician Scott Caron install hardwired smoke and carbon monoxide detectors for a young family in Indianapolis. Tom shows how to remove stripped screws. And the guys ask "What Is It?"
Richard visits Charlotte, NC to install a whole-house humidifier.
Where to find it?
A whole-house humidifier should be installed by a professional HVAC contractor.
Richard installed a Nortec Humidifer, model number RH2.
Expert assistance with this project was provided by AirTight Mechanical.
What Is It?
Kevin shows a yellow and black plastic tool, and the guys try to guess its intended use.
Where to find it?
The ProSensor 710 Professional stud finder is manufactured by Franklin Sensors.
Ask Tommy: Stripped Screws
Tom shows a few tricks for removing screws with stripped heads.
Where to find it?
Tommy first used a Grabit screw extractor, manufactured by Alden Corporation.
He then demonstrated a different type of extractor that works like a miniature hole saw. It is available from both Rockler and Woodcraft.
Smoke and CO Detectors
Kevin and Scott Caron install hardwired smoke & carbon monoxide detectors in Indiana.
Where to find it?
Scott installed hardwired, interconnected smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors in many areas of the home. He also installed a wireless combination smoke/CO detector on the main level of the home where snaking a wire was near impossible.
All of the devices installed were provided by BRK/First Alert Brands.
Expert assistance with this project was provided by Caron Electric.
- Episode #1211 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Tom heads to Seattle to install crown molding. Roger replaces a rotted fence post. Kevin explains the difference between cement, concrete, and mortar. And the guys ask "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1210 of Season twelve of ATOH
- Roger visits New Mexico to install an irrigation system designed to work in a desert climate.… more
- Episode #1209 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Tom demonstrates many uses for a router. Richard replaces an air conditioning unit that freezes when it runs. And the guys ask "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1208 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- In this special episode, Richard visits Oklahoma to install a safe room for tornado protection… more
- Episode #1207 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Roger and a homeowner plant a maple tree. Richard heads to Indianapolis to begin work on a new master bathroom in a basement. And the guys ask What Is It?… more
- Episode #1206 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Tommy and Kevin replace a leaky skylight. Richard repairs a noisy toilet. And the guys ask "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1205 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Kevin visits Santa Fe and explores the Santa Fe style of architecture.… more
- Episode #1204 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Tom installs a pre-hung front door. Roger plants in big containers. And "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1203 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Richard replaces a leaking kitchen faucet with a new hands-free model. Kevin explains rechargeable batteries.… more
- Episode #1202 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Roger builds a garden bed for chile pepper plants in New Mexico. Richard repairs a leaky toilet with a worn out flange. And the guys ask "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1201 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- The twelfth season of Ask This Old House begins with Kevin teaching the guys how to use Twitter… more