Find more information on Ask This Old House episodes, or more information on products and services you saw on Ask This Old House.
Ask This Old House does not endorse any product or service mentioned within this Web site.
Sort by Season
Select a Season:
Season 12 Show Descriptions
Showing results for "Season 12"
Scan the episodes below and select "more" to get information on products or services you saw on that episode.
- Episode #1226 of Season 12 of ATOH
- This special episode is all about renovating kitchens.This special episode is all about renovating kitchens. Tom and Kevin help a homeowner install new cabinets. Richard shows many options for countertops. And Kevin visits the Cleveland home and restaurant kitchens of Chef Michael Symon for ideas and inspiration.… more
- Episode #1225 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Electrician Scott Caron replaces outdated fluorescent undercabinet lights with new LED fixtures.… more
- Episode #1224 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- In this special episode, we make several important improvements.… more
- Episode #1223 of Season Twelve of Ask TOH
- Tom and Kevin build a simple table from solid fir, and Kevin works with a wood finishing expert to stain and finish it.… more
- Episode #1222 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- In this special program, the guys celebrate 300 episodes of "Ask This Old House" by looking back at some of their best moments and revealing some behind-the-scenes secrets.… more
- Episode #1221 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Richard helps a homeowner replace a shower valve that shuts off mysteriously.… more
- Episode #1220 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Roger helps a homeowner plant a low-cost, low-maintenance privacy screen.… more
- Episode #1219 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Roger shows Kevin how to start plants from seed.… more
- Episode #1218 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Richard helps a homeowner in New Hampshire quiet a squealing shower.… more
- Episode #1217 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Roger visits Biloxi, Mississippi where he builds a high tunnel greenhouse with a homeowner… more
- Episode #1216 of Season 12 of Ask This TOH
- Richard visits a historic home in Mobile, Alabama and installs a clawfoot tub with shower. … more
- Episode #1215 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Tom helps a homeowner fit a boxspring mattress up a narrow staircase.… more
- Episode #1214 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Tom repairs a rotted porch post. Richard visits New Orleans to help a family deal with high indoor humidity.… more
- Episode #1213 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Roger visits Santa Fe to learn about "waffle gardening," a method of growing vegetables in an arid climate.… more
- Episode #1212 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Tom heads to Seattle to install crown molding. Roger replaces a rotted fence post.… more
- Episode #1211 of Season 12 of ATOH
Original Air Date: Week of January 16, 2014
Tom heads to Seattle to install crown molding. Roger replaces a rotted fence post. Kevin explains the difference between cement, concrete, and mortar. And the guys ask "What Is It?"
Crown Molding in Seattle
Tom heads to Seattle to install crown molding for a young family.
Where to find it?
Tools to complete this project, including an electric miter saw, a coping saw, and a pneumatic nail gun are all available at home centers and hardware stores.
Back at the barn, Tom showed crown molding and corner blocks that don’t require mitering. They are available at home centers, lumber yards, and millwork suppliers.
Expert assistance with this project was provided by Johnson Brothers Construction.
Ask Kevin: Cement, Concrete, & Mortar
Kevin explains the difference between concrete, cement, and mortar.
Where to find it?
Cement is rarely used by itself, but it is an ingredient in many building products.
Concrete is a mixture of cement, sand, and coarse stone and is used for footings, foundations, and sidewalks.
Mortar is a mix of cement, lime, and sand and is used to hold together building materials like stone and brick.
All are available at home centers and masonry supply shops.
What Is It?
Roger shows two black plastic handles and the guys try to guess their intended use.
Where to find it?
Simply Dump It pivoting wheelbarrow handles are available online through the manufacturer.
Rotted Fence Post
Roger replaces a rotted fence post.
Where to find it?
Replacement fence posts are available at home centers, lumber yards, and from fence installers.
The E-Z Mender fence post mending plate that Roger showed in the barn is manufactured by Simpson Strong-Tie.
- Episode #1210 of Season twelve of ATOH
- Roger visits New Mexico to install an irrigation system designed to work in a desert climate.… more
- Episode #1209 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Tom demonstrates many uses for a router. Richard replaces an air conditioning unit that freezes when it runs. And the guys ask "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1208 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- In this special episode, Richard visits Oklahoma to install a safe room for tornado protection… more
- Episode #1207 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Roger and a homeowner plant a maple tree. Richard heads to Indianapolis to begin work on a new master bathroom in a basement. And the guys ask What Is It?… more
- Episode #1206 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Tommy and Kevin replace a leaky skylight. Richard repairs a noisy toilet. And the guys ask "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1205 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Kevin visits Santa Fe and explores the Santa Fe style of architecture.… more
- Episode #1204 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Tom installs a pre-hung front door. Roger plants in big containers. And "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1203 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Richard replaces a leaking kitchen faucet with a new hands-free model. Kevin explains rechargeable batteries.… more
- Episode #1202 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Roger builds a garden bed for chile pepper plants in New Mexico. Richard repairs a leaky toilet with a worn out flange. And the guys ask "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1201 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- The twelfth season of Ask This Old House begins with Kevin teaching the guys how to use Twitter… more