Find more information on Ask This Old House episodes, or more information on products and services you saw on Ask This Old House.
Ask This Old House does not endorse any product or service mentioned within this Web site.
Sort by Season
Select a Season:
Season 12 Show Descriptions
Showing results for "Season 12"
Scan the episodes below and select "more" to get information on products or services you saw on that episode.
- Episode #1218 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Richard helps a homeowner in New Hampshire quiet a squealing shower.… more
- Episode #1217 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Roger visits Biloxi, Mississippi where he builds a high tunnel greenhouse with a homeowner… more
- Episode #1216 of Season 12 of Ask This TOH
- Richard visits a historic home in Mobile, Alabama and installs a clawfoot tub with shower. … more
- Episode #1215 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Tom helps a homeowner fit a boxspring mattress up a narrow staircase.… more
- Episode #1214 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Tom repairs a rotted porch post. Richard visits New Orleans to help a family deal with high indoor humidity.… more
- Episode #1213 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Roger visits Santa Fe to learn about "waffle gardening," a method of growing vegetables in an arid climate.… more
- Episode #1212 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Tom heads to Seattle to install crown molding. Roger replaces a rotted fence post.… more
- Episode #1211 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Tom heads to Seattle to install crown molding. Roger replaces a rotted fence post. Kevin explains the difference between cement, concrete, and mortar. And the guys ask "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1210 of Season twelve of ATOH
- Roger visits New Mexico to install an irrigation system designed to work in a desert climate.… more
- Episode #1209 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Tom demonstrates many uses for a router. Richard replaces an air conditioning unit that freezes when it runs. And the guys ask "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1208 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- In this special episode, Richard visits Oklahoma to install a safe room for tornado protection… more
- Episode #1207 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Roger and a homeowner plant a maple tree. Richard heads to Indianapolis to begin work on a new master bathroom in a basement. And the guys ask What Is It?… more
- Episode #1206 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Tommy and Kevin replace a leaky skylight. Richard repairs a noisy toilet. And the guys ask "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1205 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Kevin visits Santa Fe and explores the Santa Fe style of architecture.… more
- Episode #1204 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
Original Air Date: Week of October 24, 2013
Tom visits Seattle where he helps a homeowner install a new, pre-hung front door. Richard discusses an important water heater safety device. Roger shows how to use big containers for screening and shading in a backyard. And the guys ask "What Is It?"
Replacing a Front Door
Tom visits Seattle where he helps a homeowner install a new, pre-hung front door.
Where to find it?
Tom installed a quarter-light straight grain fir door, style 5662, manufactured by Buffelen Door. Tom installed a SmartCode electronic deadbolt and Austin handle in Venetian Bronze finish. Both are manufactured by Kwikset. Expert assistance on this project was provided by Johnson Brothers Construction of Seattle. Additional support was provided by Simpson Door Company. Water Heater Safety Valves
Richard discusses the importance of a temperature and pressure relief valve, a water heater safety device.
Where to find it?
Temperature and pressure relief valves (TPR's) must be installed on all water heaters.
It is critical that a leaking or defective TPR valve is replaced immediately. Replacements can be purchased at home centers and plumbing supply stores.
It is also important that TPR valves are not plugged or tampered with in any way.
Richard also showed the Safe Plug Relief valve, a device that is designed to prevent tampering with the TPR valve. It is manufactured by Dulac Plumbing Innovations Corp..
Photographs of the home damaged by a water heater explosion were provided by Anchor Inspections of Phoenix, Arizona and by the City of Phoenix.
What Is It?
Richard shows a plastic device that's a cylinder with an O-ring.
Where to find it?
Richard demonstrated the Nooski mouse trap, manufactured by Contech Enterprises.
Planting with Big Containers
Roger tours a greenhouse to see options for containers and container plants, and then shows how to use big containers for screening and shading in a backyard.
Where to find it?
Roger visited Mahoney's Garden Center to view options in containers and plantings.
Expert assistance with this project was provided by Carrie Kelly of Mahoney's Garden Center.
Several containers were provided by Lechuza Plant Systems.
- Episode #1203 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Richard replaces a leaking kitchen faucet with a new hands-free model. Kevin explains rechargeable batteries.… more
- Episode #1202 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Roger builds a garden bed for chile pepper plants in New Mexico. Richard repairs a leaky toilet with a worn out flange. And the guys ask "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1201 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- The twelfth season of Ask This Old House begins with Kevin teaching the guys how to use Twitter… more